HP Printer- Unable to print or scan after a Windows 10 update or upgrade: There are so many users in today’s time who are using Windows 10 but they have been facing issues with their HP printer faster they upgraded their operating system to Windows 10. There are likely some changes to face serious trouble like HP printer won’t print after the windows 10 update which you may not have dealt with earlier. This could be frequent incompatibility, bugs, and even some sluggishness. The HP printer unable to print after windows 10 update issue is one of the common yet major concerns but it can be dealt with well.
At times your printer shows HP printer offline message after windows 10 Upgrade i.e. Printer is not able to communicate with your PC. That is the time when you need to get it back online by following steps:
See to it that the printer is on and well connected to the same WI-fi as your PC. There is also a printer built-in menu section that will show the network is connected to and even check the printer’s manual for better information
See to it that the printer is not in the status of Use Printer Offline mode. You then have to go to the Start section, select a setting, click on devices and choose printers and scanners. Further, that you can find an open queue section. You can see the printer offline which should be deselected. This way your HP printer will be back online even after Windows 10 upgrade is done.
Why is HP Printer Not Working After Windows 10 Update?
There could be several reasons that make the HP printer not work well after the Windows 10 update. There may come a point when you can see a message of HP can’t print after windows 10 update 2020. That is why; you need to pay extra attention when it comes to selecting the right HP printer model for dealing with HP printer stopped working after the windows 10 update. You must ensure that printer compatibility is checked and then chosen accordingly.
Another common reason for HP printer unable to print after windows 10 update is probably the error of the Printer driver. This error usually comes when there is an outdated or wrong driver. However, there are few steps that you can follow to solve those issue:
HP printer models like Envy 5540 and HP Deskjet 2130 are quite trending in the market today. There are some printers which can be used for scanning propose too for which issue may occur when HP printer stopped working after the windows 10 update. But you may expect some occasional scanning issues like HP printer won’t print after the windows 10 update especially when you do the Windows 10 upgrade.
Look for the Platform Compatibility
If HP printer won’t print after the windows 10 update or is not scanning after the upgrade of windows 10 then it could be a HP can’t print after windows 10 update 2020 issue. For which you need to check on browsing page of HP Printers – Windows 10 Compatible Printers
The Printer Reset:
You might want to turn off and then get it on again if there has been a frequent HP can’t print after windows 10 update 2020. This often is called the power cycling process that may reinitialize the parameters of the configuration of the scanner. You can turn off the printer then unplug the cable and again plug the printer back in and then switch it on after 20 minutes.
The HP Printer Software Reinstallation:
When your printer shows offline you need to reinstall the software of HP printer then it can give you the best fixing solution for HP printer unable to print after windows 10 update. It makes sure the user gets the latest HR driver for the model. Firstly the user needs to:
- Go in the start button then right-click and choose the run option
- In the open text box ‘appwiz.cpl’ should be entered and then the OK option should be selected
- Choose the software from the list given on the control panel’s programs and feature selection
- Choose the option of Uninstall
- Choose the Yes option for doing the confirmation further
- Select Windows 10 once the uninstallation of HP printer software is done
- Remove the printer from the section of printer and scanner list and then open the Cortina using the window key and Q keyboard shortcut. This is the best way for HP printer stopped working after the windows 10 update.
- Enter in search box ‘printers’ and then choose the Printers & scanners
- Choose the printer and then remodel the device
- It is time to go on the o screen instructions for removing the browser
- Now you can opt for the Support page of HP in your browser and select the printer in the open search box section.
- Make sure you enter the model number correctly and then press the submit button
- There will be a driver and software page that will open for the entered printer
- Click on the Change on that page section to choose either between the 32 bit or 64-bit Windows 10 version and then hit on the change button
- You then have to click on the download complete driver and software package feature and open the driver and software folder for downloading
- Once the driver is downloaded your software can be installed again
Open the HP Print and Scan Troubleshooter
HP also has its scan doctor software. It can fix HP printer won’t print after the windows 10 update. For the user to fix the scanning issues using the HP Print and scan doctor must follow the steps that include so that HP printer unable to print after windows 10 update problem is solved:
- See to it that the printer is On and well connected with either laptop or desktop
- Choose the HP print and scan doctor section that you can find on the page of HP customer support
- Download the troubleshoot
- Select the HPPSdr.exe so that you can then open the software window
- Now it is time to choose the start and then select the printer that will not scan
- Now choose the option of fix scanning
- The troubleshooter will then intimate if the error is detected and fixed. If you see the X icon it means the troubleshooter will give the user further guidelines that have to be followed.
Factory Default Settings
There can be some HP printer stopped working after the windows 10 update that have the reset option in their default factory settings. You can thus fix the scanning issues. For the user to choose such option an vary as per the printer model. But you can choose the restart factor default option that is present in the tools or setup section on the control panel of the printer. Follow the manual for further details and reset it to the factory default setting to deal with HP can’t print after windows 10 update 2020.